Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 28th January 2012, 19:23

morris is on a distinguished road

My solution to the problem of getting the servo push rod to work with the M/C plunger

The countersink M6 screw replaces the one supplied in the end of the servo pushrod but the little collet is retained to help prevent vibration slowly screwing it in further. I also had to grind the edge of the screw head a little to get it down to 10mm diameter so it will run smoothly up inside the M/C (compare with the unmolested screw above it)

The bullet was ground to shape from the shank of the M10 bolt I chopped out of the pedal box that was welded in as the accelerator pivot. It has a flat base for the screw to push on.

I had tried to use a much longer bullet with an M6 thread cut down the centre so I could screw some threaded rod in to mate with the servo directly but without a lathe and using a cheap clarke drill press, this is pretty difficult at this scale and I struggle to centre the hole, hence this solution.

It feels pretty solid when pushing the pedal.

One thing I have noticed with the new servo (even without the M/C installed) is that I get a slight clunk when you first push down and then it runs smoothly. it may be because my clevis pin is currently in loose as I'm going to replace with an M10 bolt but I wondered if anyone else had experienced this?