View Single Post
Old 9th January 2019, 10:27

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

SOME DETAIL PICS ....

Badges ....

Side bonnet latch .... Homemade escutcheon and handle using the square drive from a Herald boot handle and a Herald Boot latch...

Top latches are vintage aeroplane latches , bit like a Dzeus fastener but you push the centre down with a screwdriver and quarter turn ....

Above picture also shows the extensive reshaping of the dash and screen area ...I had to move the dash pod and headrest over about 2'' to allow them to line up with the Rover seating position .... rear view mirror shroud is aluminium

Beginnings of interior ....

Dash is nearly done , just a centre section to fabricate ...rev counter in front of driver , Speedo to the left ..... indicator and horn switch being hidden in door hinge area .... horizontal steering column , no centre console due to different chassis and a nice low seating position ...
Fuel cap detail evident here too ... a nice original thru'ppenny bit style one .

I was lucky enough to be given a free pass on this car to build it how I wanted using parts I chose ...I opted to buy original parts rather than reproduction as much as I could ( door latches are 50's 2CV for example ) as part of trying to create 'age' ...

Boot latches ....Home made and sprung loaded , quarter turn style ...

More to follow as screen , headlight covers , seats etc etc is added ....

Last edited by lancelot link; 9th January 2019 at 10:31..