View Single Post
Old 10th February 2007, 15:28
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by holgate86 View Post
Hi John,
It looks a little pink in the first photo mate, but I see from the second shot it is actually red, phew!!
Good luck with it anyway John, hope you're on the road soon.
Brian
Yep it's certainly red. I used (or the other half used) red leatherette. Hopefully be durable, none reflective in the sun and easy to wipe down. A pain to do though.

I'm aiming for Stoneleigh for her to be on the road.

Thanks very much for you help with the clutch. It works a treat.

Yep sandwich the floor with 5mm Ally. Did not know how to fix the seats and had no wielding experence. So this was my solution. Adds weight but has a solid fixing for the seats.

Well did not come without it's problems.

Two days ago, while cablet tieing like mad, cable tied a coolant hose. This then decided to leak all over Marlins floor. Has been ok before. If your reading this Marlin, please accept my apologies.

Final test around the block before loading onto trailer, with all the excitement, forgot to secure rear electrial cabling for the rea lights. Came back to find loads ok stripped wires.

The trip down was an absolute nightmare. Constantly stopping and retieing car cover ( as the rain was not letting off).

Got to Marlin expect the worse when I removed the cover. The only thing worse for ware was a broken ignition key with the spare bent to hell (Have no idea how this happened).

Well on a good note, see the bodywork ready for fitment.