View Single Post
Old 30th September 2016, 07:05

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

TOWED ...I know what you are saying and maybe I should just bite my lip ...difficult though when someone tells you you cant carry out your business in a certain way , because they don't like it and throw ''legal'' reasons at you in an attempt to stop you , that are unfounded ...I have let go of the S*mmio brand ..a long time ago , I don't feel I have any rights to how it is modified or marketed , I ''sold out'' years ago ...My issue was purely that I was told that I could offer the product by its current custodian and then told by S*mmio I couldn't ...that's fair enough ..I have no problem with that now... . It was an attempt to regenerate the bodyshell sales because NOTHING has been happening with them for a while and I am confident that they still are a commercially viable product - just !

I had a genuine enquiry from a forum user for a bodyshell ..unfortunately I cannot honour that enquiry now and I won't be forwarding their details either but I know they lurk a lot on here , so they can contact whoever they need to contact themselves ..Sorry mate ...

I wanted a S*mmio body for myself too ...... I may well still buy one at some point , but for now , I have changed my order and ordered a Miglia body from Tribute ..

My beef is purely that I don't feel that I can be told by a third party how and what I do to make a living .....I think its a bit odd that S*mmio HQ talk about regenerating the product to a level it was previously at and want 100% control of the build process ....Its not viable and very short sighted ...I had no issue with commercial builders when I was in charge ...more builders , more kit sales !

I think the real issue here , is me ...genuinely , Tribute were given the rights to promote and sell the bodies in exactly the way they wanted to ... S*mmio HQ were happy for all enquiries and sales to be handled by them , so they could get the 'planning' issues dealt with . When Chris invited me into the equation ...it all went tits !! Add the fact that I then said ..''hey everybody , you buy a kit , I can help you build it '' and S*mmio's pram was well and truly emptied ...its no secret , on here and full knowledge of Tribute and S*mmio HQ that there is another local builder , actively building S*mmios constantly , selling both on Ebay etc and doing commission builds for customers ...this builder has bought bodyshells unchallenged and been allowed to go about his business without question ...he's built far more S*mmio's than I have in recent years ...so more of a threat to the big plan than I am ... .. so , it definitely looks like I am the issue not the practice of building S*mmio's .....or does the other local builder have a problem now too ?

The only reason I dissected Micky1mo 's post above was to highlight how ridiculous the content of it generally was ..and how unthought out the statement was

Quote:
Micky, you do need to look at the fine print in the copyright laws. After all, Lego don't get to dictate what children make out of their blocks and who gets to play with them, just stop anybody else using the trade name or making an identical product under a different brand name.
Thats a good comparison Towed , interestingly , there are several ''similar'' products on the market nowadays though ..

Last edited by lancelot link; 30th September 2016 at 07:54..