View Single Post
Old 1st September 2017, 06:55

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the support everyone, my ad currently has 186 watching and I've had some genuine enquiries, but nothing concrete yet - one chap who arranged to view has pulled out for personal reasons, but he did say he was going to have to run it past his wife before coming to see the car...

As I'm not desperate to sell, if it hasn't sold by the end of September I'll withdraw the ad and carry on enjoying it when the weather's dry.

I'll just have to work round the space issue by moving the Spyder onto the drive and putting a cover over it when I'm working on the Outlaw Speedster, which will have its own build thread once I get started.

Ifi it doesn't sell, I may or may not put the Spyder up for sale next spring, it just depends on how I manage juggling the two cars around in my garage and whether I can actually bear to part with the Spyder.

Paul, your car may still get its chance to play d'Artagnan to our Athos, Porthos and Aramis, you just need to get your paint finished first or you'll end up with gloss envy. Have you thought of renting a lock-up for a month, buying a gun and cheap compressor and spraying it? Could be cheaper in the long run than carrying on trying to hand paint it on your drive and you'd definitely end up with a better finish.