Thread: Deed is done!
View Single Post
Old 21st December 2015, 08:32

smash is on a distinguished road

Dropped the Z3 off to Richard yesterday. Saw a coupe mid build and immediately had pangs of doubt about going Kalifornia rather than coupe. Whenever that happens though i always remember what Richard said when I first went to see the demonstrator - why would you take a convertible and make it a hard top? And for me this is the heart of it as i will be going over to Le Mans Classic next year and possibly Spa classic as well - would also like to do Remparts D'angeloume again and stop of at village of the martyrs on route - amazing place! If there's sun gotta make use of it!

Also I know I said i was going black partly to help with disguising any gapping issues I should say I saw the new metallic blue Kalifornia demo and the shutlines are way, way superior to the original red demo car. if anyone had concerns about them (a couple of people asked) I'd say relax - they've got it sorted.

Finally I saw the brand new 16" wires with nicely bulging Toyos on Richards red Kali - completely spun me on the way i thought I was going in terms of restomod look. The 16's look bloody gorgeous - although not cheap.

Came away very excited - roll on spring!

Last edited by smash; 21st December 2015 at 10:37..