View Single Post
Old 13th February 2018, 10:44
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman View Post
A measured response is indeed likely to be more effective than an emotive response - but anything is possibly better than no response
Maybe a good approach is to use the 'politicians' speak and keep parameters loose enough whilst getting the point across eg. A change of engine for an individual's car may involve so many associated parts that the extra cost will be beyond the budget. eg2. A change of engine for a manufacturer may not be possible either mechanically or economically (for instance a suitably compact engine with ancilliaries such as exhaust manifold in a safe place may not exist) rendering the Companies loss of market and employees jobs. I'm basing my response mainly on the extra environmental impact of manufacturing compared to the emissions the donor car engine would generate through being driven a low annual mileage - I accept this is unquantified, but may strike the right chord. I'm sure others will give many good reasons.
I like this approach, its similar but different to my argument. I think a variety of objections should help the cause.