View Single Post
Old 8th July 2013, 22:52

HouseMartin is on a distinguished road
Default Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNoob View Post
nice screen where did it come from how much are they, are you going to use original screen frame. Questions questions
I blindly followed Gary's advice that the scuttle was the same as the 356 speedster.
I hunted around for a supplier, not many in the UK, but I contacted Chesil who make the porsche replica.
They supplied the screen surround and laminated windscreen for the hefty sum of £500.
I have to create a lip on the scuttle for the lower rubber to locate into but it will guarantee a water tight seal
and a little more protection from low flying pheasants than the perspex wind deflector.
It seems to set the car off.

I been wanting to move the car out of the garage to get a side on view now that all the red panels from the scimitar are covered over.
So I finally managed to get the engine started tonight and move it up the drive to take these shots.

the body was covered in dust so I gave it wash down and ended up with a somewhat angry Nimo

The guy in the car showed a passing interest.

There may be a few too many holes in the dash for some, but the scimitar does have some usefull dials.

For Chairman the purple one is still my daily drive

Next weeks job.. Door hinges and locks.
I am hoping to fit a single scimitar door hinge with a beam through the door to brace it.

HM