View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2012, 00:51

*Sinbad* is on a distinguished road

Go on, hands up those who thought I'd given up.

Nope I'm still chipping away at it, I've finely got the frame work in after much shouting and cursing. I learned a valuable lesson when welding...BEWARE of distortion.
After lots of time cutting, tacking, remeasuring and then checking it all over again it fitted like a glove. Next out with the 3 main sections and sitting them on the floor I proceeded to weld all the joints. Now the fun bit assemble them on the floor and admire your handy work. ???? @%&£&... That doesn't look right!!
Arrggg, yep distortion, I should have made some sort of jig...yeah i know this now... So out with the tape measure and hacksaw the worst joints reposition and start again. Only this time with a crude jig, this involved lengths of 3 x 2, scaffold poles and lots of weight to keeps things still.
It worked, so back in the shell and lets get the floor in. I've been making a few bit as well, to replace the originals. Like the door hinge which I modified too include nuts so I can adjust the doors.

BIG moment for me, (with some help) I turned the body shell right way up and placed it on a trolly. This will help a great deal with future work on the body.

Next job is to fit the body to the chassis well line it up etc, so i can cut out the infilled arches Then the trans tunnel, do a bit more welding, then.........
Yeah yeah... I'll post again when I've made some progress.

Last edited by *Sinbad*; 22nd October 2012 at 01:05.. Reason: add photos