View Single Post
Old 31st May 2015, 12:05

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road

Thanks, IanA, Gaz, y cymro, WCA and Thurcroft flyer!

I am on a roller coaster of emotions right now as each new crisis looms up to put a stop to me getting on the road, let me explain:

yesterday the water temp gauge stopped working, and I banged my knuckles on the dash, as the wheel was too close.

These two things really got me down and depressed me.
However this morning I went out and after much fiddling with mirrors, effing and blinding etc, I managed to put back on the rear of the gauge the connection that I had knocked off with fitting hassle.

I then went upside down in the drivers foot-well, and again, after much of the aforementioned, got the steering column extended to the right length.

So far so good, then as I went to drive the car outside, on depressing the clutch pedal, I noticed it went down about an inch or two before I felt any pressure, and had to push it to the metal to get the clutch to operate correctly.

This really pissed me off, and laid me low, so my question to the experts who know all about Triumphs is: do I need a new master cylinder?

I kind of half expect I do, but would like an expert opinion, and I know a lot of you out there WILL know!

So please give me your thoughts, as I am still not ready for the elusive Mot yet! And the new work just keeps on coming......