View Single Post
Old 16th December 2017, 10:42

Nostromo is on a distinguished road

A small update.

Both doors are now fitted. The drivers side went on well and both function as doors should. Had a little issue with the passenger side as it dropped slightly... no idea how but I ended up having to make a giant cheese wire and slicing the door off again. Thankfully the glue was still a bit rubbery and the door came off in one bit. Lucky i'd removed it really as I must have been sleepy when I attached the door because I'd forgotten to cut the metal on the mr2 door so the rs200 handle indentation had nowhere to go. Anyway, picked all the old glue off and restuck it. Annoyingly, theres still a couple of mm difference between the door and side skirt still but I can hopefully lose that with a bit of filler and a file. The roof has been trimmed lower and more off the drivers side than passenger as there was a bit of a height difference, probably around 5-10mm which was noticeable when trying to line up the rear end. Next on the list is to trim and shape the a pillars so they fit nicely around the windscreen seal and will get the rear of the roof looking good ready to be fiber glassed at the back to close it all in. I have a bit of a plan to put a sort of air scoop into the roof as I've seen it on the Evo version and think it looks pretty smart. Will start cutting that up over the next week or so.