View Single Post
Old 9th July 2011, 14:41

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

We are forging on - no pun intended ...actually not relevant as we aren't copying anything ( stop rambling Gary !! ) .......

I have taken the reins of general kit production and customers projects for the last two weeks to enable Mike to carry on with the G-46....He is doing a fantastic job...it is very rewarding to see your ideas coming to life in front of you and I am very lucky to have someone on board who , not only has an equal interest in the car and 'gets' the design , but can shape up a body exactly how I can picture it and often without needing much prompting from me ....Mike totally knows how this car should look and can make it happen...His input has been invaluable...

We still have a couple of design elements to play with - we think the car needs side vents on the front wings , its a big car with large areas and a bit of wing detail will help break it up a bit , plus the V6 will need to get rid of hot air as well...The vents drawn are our initial idea ...I like the 'porthole' idea - mid 50's Buick style , not sure the car needs a big vent like some , just a suggestion of breathing holes really ....trying to avoid 'gills' as the car looks enough like a Blue Whale or Great White as it is !!

Here's some pics ...

The way the wing flows into the grille mouth is an area I am really pleased with ..the smallish opening has great lines ....And look at the way the wing climbs from the door and flows back down again ....the 'coke bottle' effect combined with its silhouette make this car just so beautiful ...Im my opinion , of course , and I am a bit biased !!

The exhaust's exiting through the rear valance is a little detail that I really like and they are the stock Scimitar exhausts....the body has been totally formed to fit a stock chassis , outriggers , fuel tank , exhaust etc - all as they were .....

Apologies for gushing - I am so passionate about this project , it is hard to not to .....

Should start moulding the body in the next two weeks - hopefully..

Last edited by lancelot link; 9th July 2011 at 14:52..