View Single Post
Old 28th April 2012, 18:41

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Panel cracking.
The top of the panel on the back on my cockpit has cracked the paint at the one edge, which hints that either i may not have bonded this on enough, or that flex during driving means that i should have over engineered this a bit more?

You can see it as a fine white line about 10mm in and running inbound from the corner to just over the top of the seat

Tyre scrub.
With the 165's fitted everything had been fine until a friend of mine took it out for a spin and there were two of us in the car.
The extra weight meant that over a few bumps the syres scrubbed the inner top edge of the arch (which can be seen as the grey inner edge on the left edge in the below pic).

I think that when i next have the wheels off the easy fix to this is to trim the top lip to be just 10mm rather than the 20/30mm it is atm.

Getting in and out
We don't have doors (at least us older Spyder types don't) unlike you new fangled Cordite types and for me the leap in and out adds to the whole experience, but just beware how and where you fit your interior panels.
I now realise that mine need to be about 10/20mm lower as i occasionally keep catching my foot on them when i get in.

OR I could do with some sort of wrap-over panel that would also keep the top of the paint from constantly getting scuffed!

Another thing you can spot in the below pic is that the drivers seat WILL take a hammering with all the walking on it, there's not much you can do unless you take the Pat route of seat choice, but it's worth mentioning