View Single Post
Old 6th April 2014, 18:27

swifty is on a distinguished road

Thanks Andy, will contact you soon more than likely by phone.

Been busy today removing the redundant engine and gearbox, its sooo easy with the open front end which will come in handy for future work once the car is complete.

IMG_4096.jpg

Engine out, its an easy task to complete with an engine crane, a couple of bolts to remove and hay presto job done.

IMG_4116.jpg

The chassis not too bad especially when you consider it's 41 years old, some area's even have the original paint which when removed has clean steel. The area around the oil leaker parts is as good as the day it was manufactured, its a shame the oil had not traveled all over the chassis.

IMG_4103.jpg IMG_4104.jpg

The two front outriggers will require attention, i think i will fabricate complete new parts as the replacement's cost £109 and a piece of 2mm plate will be no where near that, one more part on the ever growing list of replacements.

IMG_4097.jpg

Thought i would include a picture of my electrolysis tank which is excellent at cleaning all the crud and rust off the metal parts before painting. It's very easy to put together and if you fancy one too then Google electrolysis metal cleaning for lots of info, some good guides on YouTube. Just be careful with ventilation as the gases given off i believe to be hydrogen and chlorine.

Last edited by swifty; 6th April 2014 at 18:32..