View Single Post
Old 9th April 2014, 09:34

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Given that i've been through the hassle of selling one of these i thought it worth adding my 2p

I found that the vast majority of buyers/enquiries were from people who knew what they were looking at and they had done their homework.
So by-and-large it's quite a different and pleasant selling experience compared to selling a 'normal' car, although obviously expect the occasional chancer

Be VERY wary of swapping it, especially for another kit car, as people try and off-load incorrectly registered vehicles that way!

From keeping an eye on the prices these have gone for over the past few years i'd expect a nice example of a 13/60 based car to go for between £4,500 and £6,500 and a Vitesse based car to go for between £5,500 and £8,000 .
Sorry that is not as high as some have mentioned, but those ranges are taken from me being a bit OCD watching what actual cars have sold for.

Yup, there have been a few exceptions to the norm, i.e. My car went to Germany and was then re-listed for £13,000! and a few scruffy ones or incomplete ones have gone for considerably less.

But as my father always used to say, "something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it" and with the weather picking up and the recession starting to fade away, i really do hope that you get a really good price!

Good luck with the sale!

Dave