View Single Post
Old 26th October 2013, 21:35

Rudycob1 is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I'm new to this forum but have been following it for a while now.
Firstly I want to say that I think that all your cars look great and what really is exciting for me is the fact that they all have great potential for individuality.
I'm not new to kits and have had a Cobra replica and currently own a DNA F430 Spider, which is my pride and joy and cost me a small fortune.
That done, I'm now already looking for my next project and must admit I want a classic 1950s Italian sports car look. So I believe I'm in the right place.
Q plate is most definitely a no go area, especially in this day and age.
These cars are just waiting to be developed and anybody wanting to invest their hard earned cash into a project of this type, will most definitely be put off by this.
More power and a bigger engine are definitely appealing, not just for the power but for the sound that they have. V8, properly tuned V6 or a 12cylinder are appealing to a wide audience. So a kit developed to accommodate such engines as an option could attract more potential interest.
Cost is another option to consider. This needs to cover a wide range of budgets.
Meaning that the kit could be done for a reasonable cost as well as a higher cost relative to individual specifications. Flexibility with kits is what gets the numbers for the manufacturers.
Looking at what is on the market, I believe that an option for a removable roof for some of these kits is a definite must. One of the models, with a few alterations, could get close to looking like a 250SWB if it had a roof. I know for a fact, from like minded enthusiasts, that there is a market for this. In fact I believe somebody is working on one, but on a space frame set up. So it will be costly.
Website. This is a must as it's most peoples first point of call.
Build manual or video, is another suggestion.
Whatever you decide to do, I will be looking and following with great interest and I'm sure we will be talking to each other in the next few months.
Great cars and a great forum.
Rudy.