View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2007, 22:59
Enthusiast

kenmorton is on a distinguished road

Well things are moving on quite quickly now, but still of the 3 steps forward 2 steps back variety.
Had the car sitting at idle yesterday trying to get the idle/static ignition timing somewhere near despite the fact that with my new fabricated throtle body backed right off it still leaked enough air that it wouldn't idle below 1000 rpm and it overheated and blew all the coolant out ! ( I have already had a problem with coolant pipes which cost me a weeks delay - story for another time )
So today was spent testing the thermostat - perfect - and refilling the system and making doubly sure there were no air locks. 4 hours later and now the rad gets hot and the fans turn on. Idle is steady but whereas yesterday the oil pressure when I looked was about 70 psi ( but not sure if I bothered looking when it was hot ) it is now down to 25 psi hot idling and 45 psi hot at 2500 rpm. Hope this is just down to the nice fully synth thin oil I've used and not because I've shaged the engine.

Anyway post is really to ask a question about wheel/tyre projection outside the body. My front wheels still stick out quite a bit so am concerned for SVA. Has anyone used the temporary extensions that Norman made up ?
Did they need any beading added for the minimum radius ?
If anyone else has protruding front wheels do they throw a lot of muck up the side of the body ?

I don't think the tyres projecting outside the body look too bad, in fact I quite like the slightly retro butch stance but if it means I have to mess about with temporary extensions for SVA and then the sides are always dirty when they are removed then I would rather form some proper wheel arch extensions now and have done with it.