View Single Post
Old 19th February 2015, 18:33

reneanglia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive View Post
Rear vents now done:

And the roof vent:

We have filled in the channel that takes the Z3 windscreen rubber for two reasons, one to enable the new GRP roof/windscreen pillar covers to have hidden edges when fitted (no external metal to GRP joins as on the MX250) and secondly to visually reduce the size of the Z3 windscreen slightly. With the addition of a false period screen rubber/chrome insert bonded onto the existing glass helping to reduce the glass area even further:

In case the windscreen has to come out,how can you fit a new screen without damaging the roof/pillars?
Does the z3 rubber stays in place or?????
Sorry but i don't understand how the windscreen has to be fitted if the pillar covers and the roof are bonded and painted...............
I am very intersted in this kit but before buying one i like to see some kind of build manual or instructions,for the more expirienced builder it is probably as clear as glass but for a novice kitbuilder as me it is not.

Oh........let me introduce myself,René,57 years young,hotrodder,classis car nut and perhaps a kitcar builder.......
I live in Holland near Amsterdam,work as a pro tig/mig welder but grp/polyester is almost new to me.
Greetz René