View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2019, 09:58

SwiftyDS is on a distinguished road

I didn’t manage to spend as much time on the remaining jobs on the car this week, so I’m not quite there yet with booking it in for the MOT.

I noticed that the thin black vinyl coach stripe that I’d used down the indent on each side of the car was peeling off at the edges and I just couldn’t get it to stick. Also the gloss finish of this wasn’t contrasting well with the matte white. So I decided I would paint the stripes on. Wasn’t too difficult with a small square brush and masking and like the rest of the finish will do for now.

Not many opportunities to get the car out of the garage with the weather being awful, but I did need to turn it round to put the door cards in and finish off the black paint on the inner door edge on the drivers side. What I have noticed is that the front mudflaps are still catching on the tyres on full lock - you can’t really see in this picture but I will have a go at trimming back the inner edge otherwise I’ll remove the front ones for the MOT.

Drivers door card back in and the inner door edge tidied up with matt black paint.

Just needs a good clean now inside and out, front mud flaps looking at and another pre-MOT check. Aiming to book it in for the end of this coming week.