Thread: Wildcat
View Single Post
Old 28th February 2008, 08:10
Kit Car Dreamer

Alan is on a distinguished road
Default upload

Thanks for the link John I have uploaded the better quality pic on the wildcat gallery.
That’s mine with the caption 'plenty of instruments'. As the editor of the Club magazine I am always looking for gizmos to add to the car to make it more interesting. For example, the design of the doors means that water entering the door pools on the inside skin of the door rather than the normal outside skin of the door so water cant be drained from the door unless you want to drain it into the car. I got over this by fitting a washer bottle motor in the door which pumps it from the base of the door (against the skin) to a pipe set into the outside skin of the door. I have also fitted automatic spots that come on when you enter heavy shade or enter a tunnel. Two heaters one for the tootsies and one for the windscreen. Electric windows and door mirrors etc etc. I never write about fitting or changing something without actually seeing if it works first. I changed my original donor Pinto to a 2.6 BMW fuel injected 525series engine which has increased its performance considerable.
I will be at Stoneleigh again this year why dont you pop over to the Wildcat area and give me a nudge.
Alan