View Single Post
Old 17th November 2018, 15:03

Paul L is on a distinguished road

MOT - Part 2:
I'm afraid this is another poor photo, but I checked/tightened all the clamps on the exhaust.

You can see how black one section is from the oil leak being 'cooked' as I drive along.

By chance, the car was jacked up pretty level, so I was able to check the oil on the driveway.

The bad news is that I had to go to Halfords to get my second can of oil.
( Which has only been used for topping up. )

I also added some anti-freeze to the overflow bottle while I was at it.

I then got the bucket and sponge out, so the car would look a bit cleaner for the tester.

Before my wife helped me check all the lights were working.

Then it was a 'splash and dash' at the petrol station.

Before I took the scenic route to the MOT station.

Last year, the MOT had expired during the painting process, so I had to take the direct route there.

Which meant the car hadn't warmed up and only barely passed the emissions test.

This time, I figured it would be running better, especially as I've had the carbs serviced since last year.

Unfortunately, it was still a major pain in the ar$e to get the car to eventually scrape another pass on emissions.

The MOT tester's top tip was to switch to fuel injection if I wanted to achieve a first time pass every time.

Anyway, here it is on the ramp.

Not a great photo of the view underneath, but the dented tail pipes are easy to see.

My oil leak made the advisories along with a couple of small points, but it was still a PASS.

Looking at the mileage, I've done just over 1,500 miles in the last 12 months and just over 2,700 miles in total.

Unfortunately, I only had time to celebrate with a quick spin to ASDA today.

But, with a bit of luck, I might be able to take it for a longer drive tomorrow.

So until next time, take care, Paul.

PS
I will also try to catch up with my replies to other threads tomorrow too.