View Single Post
Old 20th March 2023, 22:50

deni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carib Classics View Post
Just spent some time looking and reading Deni's build and it seems so different to mine.
My subframe has very different structure, I assume Deni built his?
Hi Carib,
Just saw your post, it is nice to see another Miglia build postings. I really like your choice of engine/gearbox - it will suit Miglia for sure!

You're right, I've modified my frame as much as I could. Like yours, the frame I received was really basic and did not have the pedals/master cylinders plate, prop shaft tunnel, etc. I did not know how to weld, so I bought a basic gasless MIG welder and gave it a go. My welding skills are constantly improving, and my welds are not the prettiest, but they pass my hammering test and are strong enough.
The idea was to use fibreglass version of the original bulkhead that was to be supplied with kit, but apparently there were problems with fitting it. At the certain point they stopped making and supplying the bulkhead with the kit, but never modified and improved the frame to make up for the absence of it.
At the moment I'm working on the rear of the frame. I have decided to make a compartment behind the seats and install fuel tank in it, instead having it all the way at the rear. I'll post some photos when it's all done.
Looking forward to following your build and good luck with it.
Cheers, Deni.

P.S. I have same problems with the photos upload, something changed a while ago. I emailed the admin on a few occasions....