View Single Post
Old 13th July 2014, 19:09

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Another weekend with the sprogs away with Cubs, means another unexpected boost to the timelines!

So with the rear end done until the frame turns up, i turned my attention to the front.

The engine was new only 11 years ago and it shows (ignoring the rocker cover!!), so I've no intention of removing it, but i want everything else off, cleaned and repainted.

So after a few evenings, a long Saturday, 2 cans of WD40, 1/2 a dozen 1mm cutting discs and amazingly all of my skin still intact! the front suspension (and other assorted bits) are now off!!

And yes, i do seem to be collecting Triumph Heater Matrixes, or is that Matrices? anyway...

Then came a few hrs with the fibrewheel to clean everything and it came up a treat!
This is the passengers side stripped, the drivers side is already stripped and repainted and just about visible in the background.

There were a few.... 'interesting' bits along the way and as-ever both sets of trunions will be completely rebuilt. I'm also replacing all of the bushes, which is a good thing given what i found on the bottom of the shocks!

What scares me most is that the previous owner really looked after the mechanicals of this car until it was taken off the road yet still things like this creep through all of the inspections! I also know he'll be reading this, so i thought this would be an interesting pic for him
Good job I've got new shocks to go on!