View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2009, 05:33
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

Hi Simon.

Welcome to the forum.

I know John's (the origional build's car). Had big big power lump in it at one point.

First off. I don't think the size of the radiator is the issue. The reason I say this is that I ran a Rover turbo and had no problems with cooling or overheating. Could be a faulty rad though. The only time the fan came on for quite a while was while it was on the airfield day blasting round the track. But never over heated. Try flushing the system first off. Then I would try removing the front mount intercooler to see if that makes a difference (air flow etc). Just a couple of ideas.

The old dump valve issue. What ever one your get, it's going to be right behind the passenger ear hole! None are quite with a cone air filter. Came to the conclusion that either put up with the noise, or use the original air box (not the prettiest things!)

Your 5EXI was one of the original ones from Marlin. Since then, there has been quite suspension threads on this forum about upgrading the suspension because the car was deemed quite dangerous in certain situations. Mainly at motorway speeds, sudden slowing down would cause instability of the rear.

I noticed you said breakers in Kent. Do you live in Kent then? I'm only in Essex.

You could put you location in your profile.
<<<<