View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:54

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

The weight isn't too bad so no need for major changes to suspension and my shocks could do with changing anyway.

Brakes are interesting upgrades. Again there isn't much weight difference so the mass is the same. I will be mainly on public roads so the speeds won't be above what the 2.8 is capable of, I just might be getting there a bit quicker. Might get away with just sticking better pads in the standard unit.

Chipped and supercharged donors have been considered but I do like the grunt of the V8.

I used to have an Honda Integra Type R which was incredible between 6,500rpm and 9,000rpm and I loved the engine but you had to work to keep it on the boil.

I now have the supercharged Merc and it is just 'press and go' at any speed and any situation. Watching the traction light flicker as it kicks b=down at 90mph, on a private track of course, always makes me smile just before I get pinned to the seat.

Also thinking a second hand engine rather than box fresh to keep the prices down. Really depends on what the money fairy leaves tucked down the back of the sofa.