Thread: Wire Wheels
View Single Post
Old 9th December 2018, 20:42

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by casamolino View Post
Good morning , a number of SWB owners have wire wheels fitted , i am trying to find out the type/size/new secondhand and make of wire wheels (when used with the Orson adapters) will fit under the standard bodywork and not foul the suspension , this would be the splined wheels not the bolt on type , i already have info from WCA (thanks Nick) just would like to hear what others have installed , thanks Geoff .
I had a set of 5 1/2" x 15 Healey wires earlier in the year. They would have fitted your application but with that size and style the spokes and spinners stick out a fair bit from the outer rim. You need a deep dished rim to get the right look, the replica Borranis on the VPG car above are the best I've seen fitted to Tribute 250.I would think they come at a price and you still need to do the rear suspension mod.

Have you considered a period style alloy that would work out as a better compromise, something like BMW or Jaguar lattice spoke design. They can be had cheaply used and with a fresh powder coat do look really smart.