View Single Post
Old 18th September 2016, 15:16

Jaguartvr is on a distinguished road

Grill and wiring
Just finished wiring up the front, thought it would be a quick job but seems to have gone on forever. I used 22mm plastic pipe for the main run and then 15mm plastic pipe across the front to wire up the drivers side.

Just waiting for some bulbs before I finish taping up the exposed ends.

I also started on the grill, every time you move it the bloody slats fall apart. I put it on the buff and it comes up very bright and shiny, I then wiped "ever bright" on it, this is a lacquer that will stop it going dull. A combination of the buffing slightly bending the slats and the ever bright making them slightly thicker meant that after assembling the slats they stayed together. I dabbed some thick superglue on the reverse side and it now stays together on its own.
There are two bars that Chris supplies that hods the grill firmly against the aperture panel. However when you fit the aperture panel to the bonnet you have to pull it apart to get a snug fit. Once the aperture panel has been fitted the bars that hold the grill in place don't fit, I bent them slightly and got them to fit but it pulled the aperture panel badly so it was distorted.
Cunning plan B
I used the mounting holes for the fitting bars and held the grill in place with zip ties. I then bent up some alloy 90 degree angles that I bonded to the inside of the bonnet, positioning then to hold the end of the grill slats. When dry I used zip ties to hold the slats to brackets. Holds the grill firmly against the aperture with no distortion. The length of the slats is marginal, If Chris were to supply the horizontal slats 50mm longer it would make fitting the brackets much easier but would save him from having to bend up the mounting brackets.URL=http://s803.photobucket.com/user/jaguartvr/media/z3gto/grill4.jpg.html][I

I hunted hard for my headlight trims and made sure they were stainless steel. Been fitted for a month and they have already gone rusty, not impressed so they have been sent back.