View Single Post
Old 26th October 2012, 07:28

Cammy is on a distinguished road

Peter/ All,

Thanks for this very interesting lead. I have dropped him an e-mail with the full details of my ECU and EWS to ask the direct question about deleting the EWS.

As you know, I have an E39 M52 TU engine for my Sportster - supplied by Marlin after I told them I was not too bothered about high power or M Powered engines and gave them a free choice to find me a 'good engine'! I was speaking to Terry this week and she told me they had someone they use and that I should send them my ECU/EWS and they would get it deleted/re-mapped (makes you wonder why they sent it to me in the first place?). When I get a response from the e-bay guy I will pass the info to Marlin and seek positive confirmation about what their guy can do.

I will keep you posted on developments here but my other lines of enquiry suggest that the best (and possibly only way forward) is to retain the original loom to get the connectors, source a new ECU and get it mapped from scratch. I won't be too happy about this as it will add a fair cost to my project that could have been avoided if Marlin had done the right research.

Cheers for now

Cameron