View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2014, 21:16

Cammy is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys, Cammy here!

Sorry for the radio silence on the Marlin build and the delayed response to the post.

I do indeed have the M52B28 but it is yet to fire up in earnest. So far I have had it turning from an aftermarket ignition key and my own wiring interfaced with the ECU but I decided to remove the spark plugs and not put fuel in the system as there is still a bit of work to be done for the prop shaft and exhaust and I didn't want fuel in there with the potential for some hot work!

When I got the ECU 'chipped' the ASC rev limit was removed so I am hopeful that once I get the fuel in and give it a try there should be no limp mode to address.

As far as sources for getting the ECU and immobiliser issues sorted I think Craig Ramsay found a great guy who can sort out a lot of these issues. The guy is called Chris Ransley and he works for CR M-Tech. His e-mail address is chris.crmtech@btinternet.com or call him on 07949 464 954.

I am about to start work on the car after a few months off - one of those 'disillusioned with the build' breaks and a summer of focussing on golf and other things. Aim is to get the engine/dashboard wiring finished and a bit of the body work and floors to let a local garage sort out the exhaust and prop shaft. Aiming for that to be done over the winter so that I can fuel her up and have a test run up the drive in Spring.

Cheers for now

Cammy