View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2014, 20:43

swifty is on a distinguished road

Finished the gearbox mount bracket today which means i can now finally fix the engine and gearbox to the chassis at the weekend.

IMG_4501.jpg IMG_4500.jpg

Made out of a solid billet of ally finished size 160mm x 60mm x 50mm. I've over engineered the mount bracket to make sure all is ok. Used four poly bushes left over from the suspension kit which at the moment works a treat, will see how they perform once on the road.

The first image is looking into the well were the type 9 gearbox mount's, the gearbox is firmly attached to the new bracket with a 10mm high tensile cap head with a nyloc nut for safe measure.

IMG_4502.jpg IMG_4505.jpg

First image shows the underside. The second image shows the bits required to add the mount to the chassis. The two wedge shape blocks in the red borders are to be welded onto the chassis where the original well is for the triumph gearbox mount which I've removed, the shape allows the new bracket to sit and mount onto a level surface, i will take a photo once the two wedges are welded to the chassis.

The two bobbins have been machined to a specific length so that the nut and washer will tighten down to the correct height so as to slightly compress the poly bushes into the bracket bore.

Last edited by swifty; 27th November 2014 at 20:31..