View Single Post
Old 11th July 2019, 09:06

kon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piguin View Post
One question about the rear lights though - since their orthogonal design was one of the main things that screamed 'muscle car', for me at least, maybe some other units of the same general proportions would be more suitable if you plan to retain the look?
I've been having similar thoughts with my plan too. I quite like the muscle car idea too, but also want a slightly modern take on it, so I am currently torn between:
the style which was on this car in the first few pics, which look good for a retro style.
the style used on the 2005 mustang, but I think will be too big to look right on the back of an MX, so would need to be some sort of custom version, scaled down to size.
a truck-trailer set of lights, with a GRP cover round & over it, to get the desired shape without worrying about conforming to road laws.
a different route, like the rear from a lotus elise.

For my budget, my current preference is to use a set like this, and add a GRP cover over it:

so the rear of the car would look like this photoshopped version... on the left side, so the above light cluster would then slot in behind it:

I'd be very interested to see what you can find which works, cos this car is looking rather good already
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mx250-rear-mock1.jpg (53.0 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by kon; 11th July 2019 at 10:37..