View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2018, 20:44

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I've stripped the car down , interior out , body in about a dozen bin bags chopped into pieces and a few bits put to one side ....

The chassis isn't too bad ...its had a repair or two before and wants a couple of bits of welding ...but generally pretty good ...

I've pulled the fuel tank out , dropped the twin exhaust off, propshaft , stripped the brake pipes out etc. removed the towbar ! and pulled the engine and gearbox out , stripping the mounts from the chassis as well ...

The engine was put back in the chassis and moved backwards ...the key measurement is the gear stick position in relation to the drivers seat ...The gearstick needs to be positioned about 48'' from the centre line of the rear axle ...It' meant the engine and box has to go back about 6 '' from it's stock mounting point ..everything clears ok ...no trimming or tweaking required from what I can see ...so re-instating the mounts should be all that is required ...The tubular bolt in crossmember that sits under the sump can easily be slid back too as the rails are parallel at that part of the chassis ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 23rd February 2018 at 20:47..