View Single Post
Old 28th February 2018, 16:20

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Bit more achieved this week ....

I have re-instated the engine mounts approx 4'' back , this was less than I first thought and gives me more room for the linkages etc without chopping the chassis to bits which is a big no/no...
I also refabricated the gearbox mount using the original bolt on mount , still bolts in place but through 2 angled brackets as opposed to straight into the rail now ...this is because the chassis tapers narrower as it goes back ...its and easy fix though and the engine mounts pretty much line themselves up when using a matched set of Ford engine mounts ...

I did a couple of repairs to the outriggers and put new boxed out rail sections on to replace the open channel stock versions ..neater and stronger ..

I then made a strut brace as the car came without one and fitted it with a couple of extra plates in place to start figuring out the framework.

I finished the afternoon off by cutting the propshaft down and re-instating the cast u/j piece back in and fully welding it ... this has temporarily been fitted back on the car ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 28th February 2018 at 16:23..