View Single Post
Old 30th January 2013, 08:30

seanick is on a distinguished road

Hi All, couldn't add text last night as the phone was too tired!

Thanks Martini, and thanks RedRatbike the vents are a copy of those on the 275, but also there to help visibility, as there is tinted perspex behind.

Dave, I may be having a mid-life crisis, but I am still a child when it comes to things that go Brrrrmmmm!

Hammy/Chargerstang, the headlining is 5mm foam backed vinyl, the staple diet of a 60's interior!

And Tribute, I'm glad you like it. Sorry for making your straightforward kit appear so complicated and time consuming, when as Greyone and Billy showed it is not. Thank you for your understanding as I molest your bodywork!

Anyway, as you may have notice I have performed a massive handbrake turn with regards to the front. After making some lovely hinges, raising the wipers and adding recesses for the wiper stalks and was about to glue the body on.......I changed my mind (again), and decided to see if I could make it into a flip front, as was my original plan.

The pics are fairly self explanatory, but just to say in retrospect it could be simpler as I used 1"square (thats 25mm by 25mm Henri) box section which I formed around the bonnet apperture rather than going straight from front to the bulkhead. This was just in case there was not clearance for the framework and I had to go back to plan A.

I plan to use the redundant bonnet catch and cable plus one other (thanks Chris) bolted behind the front wing so no visible catches. I will leave the swage line in the door rather than filling it and use that as the break line for the bonnet.

On a dry run last night it opens to about 50 degrees, but would go to 90 it the car was run up 4" blocks.

Oh yes Hammy, the strut brace did touch the inner lining of the bonnet, until I cut it away. I think those braces are more show than go to be honest. The brackets at the end are very light gauge steel.