View Single Post
Old 8th May 2006, 21:45
Kit Car Dreamer

phantom13 is on a distinguished road
Default phantom13 calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris G
Hi,
I bought the first kit - chassis number 001 back in 2001, it took me four years to build it (built it twice- first time to get everything to fit - stripped it, painted body then second build installed all the extras ect) and I registered it in October 2005.
I live on the Isle of Wight and I believe Eddy put a couple of pictures of my car on the gallery. I'll send some more pictures later.

My donor was a low mileage Stirling automatic, the main mods to the car are: I have fitted electrically retractable mirrors from a Toyota which entailed drasticaly altering the door tops and I have installed an electrically adjustable rear view camera hidden above the rear number plate, the monitor is hidden in the dash below the two centre vents and is powered down for viewing. The monitor also doubles as a free to air TV. The build was straight forward, the SVA test was long - four and a half hours and the registration was frustrating as I was given duff info by the DVLA but I ended up with a new plate.

I'm coming up to the Stoneleigh show on the Sunday so I hope to see some of you there.
Phantom 13 I was at Stoneleigh on Sunday met Ricola and Lindsay no other phantoms to be seen! Hope to meet next year on Saterday.