Thread: Z300swb?
View Single Post
Old 14th August 2015, 11:25

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Still waiting on the new air filter kit. Grrr. The only thing I had heard from them is the standard email when I placed the order "Thank you for choosing Welcome to ModWorld - the online home of car mods. We want to let you know that your order has been received and will be processed as soon as possible" No phone number and no reply to emails. Not happy. Their registered head office is in Southampton so I might wander down with a persuading stick.

Anyway, decided to clean my MAF while I was waiting.

1) Get some cleaner and locate the MAF. It is the square thing with the wire coming out the right side.

2) Notice which way round it is fitted. Arrow reflecting the direction of air flow towards the engine .

3) Unclip the air box and undo the big jubilee clip clamping the hose at the other side

Remove the section with the MAF not forgetting to twist and release the cable

Look inside but don't touch. There is the clever bit that you need to keep clean

You can clean this side too but don't blow the dirt onto the element behind

Lots of cleaner. Don't use WD40 or Carb Cleaner. This stuff leaves no residue and is specifically for cleaning electronic stuff. I still had the sensor upside down so any dirt dripped off it rather than gathering around the base

After doing that there was absolutely no visible difference at all. It did smell nicer though. I left it to dry and then refitted it. A very easy 5 minute task. I shall now go for a drive and see if the car feels any different (or just smells nicer)