Thread: Adam's Cordite
View Single Post
Old 12th July 2013, 08:12

adam1979 is on a distinguished road

Making sh!t and preparing sh!t for our wedding is taking over nearly all of my time but just before it got busy, I managed a day in the garage. Engine on stand, head off, sump off, fluids drained and all seems to look serviceable. Sat looking sorry for itself but it will soon look good after a good scrub and a few new parts. Photos soon.

The gearbox rebuild was a little less straight forward. I replaced a few parts with new, especially the main shaft tip bearing as that was packed with swarf and had started to collapse. Looked like a poor quality replacement. The cranleys replacement that I fitted was much better. Rebuilding was painful and involved a few hours of assembly and dis-assembly. The Haynes manual just isn't right for the gear clusters that are fitted in my gearbox.

Regardless, it went back together in the end and all seems fine! 4 forward, 1 reverse. 4th a bit clunky but I think that's just to do with the synchro hub springs being a bit stiff. Has more of a race feel getting into 4th. All bolted back together ready for some oil and probably a rebuild as soon as it sees and load!

[/URL]

Plenty more photos to follow soon. Hope you are all having fun building or for a lucky few driving in this glorious weather!!!!