View Single Post
Old 24th September 2017, 23:16
Big Cheese

JG has disabled reputation

I can't help but feel they have made a drafting mistake here;

To be considered as a VHI the vehicle must have been first registered over 40 years ago and the following components need to be of a design of which would have been fitted to that vehicle at the time of its manufacture.
- the original unmodified chassis or body shell (including any sub frames) or,
- a new chassis or monocoque bodyshell (including any subframes) of the same specification as the original

I can only think the intention of the above was to say the chassis AND body shell should be as per original specification. The inclusion of OR in the first bullet point leaves it wide open to interpretation where a car is made up of a separate chassis and body.

For instance, from that you could interpret that you could take an original unmodified 32 Ford body and put a completely new modified chassis under it. You would need to retain all the other original bits and pieces to keep VHI but that's how it reads to me and I guess that is how Paul has interpreted it, but is keeping an unmodified chassis instead of an unmodified body.

Good for us and I'm not going to tell anyone but I think it is an area to watch for further amendments as I'm not convinced.

John