Thread: The Kebab
View Single Post
Old 1st October 2016, 19:21

hurnleft is on a distinguished road

OK, interior details.
First problem is I'm making it up as I go along so some bits appear and then get changed.

The door trims and dash/console, I've shown the making/altering of earlier. Front kick panels and the side trims around the doors are stock BMW (apart from the XJS chrome grilles over the BMW kick panel speakers.

On top of the rear speaker housings would have been a lot of BMW plastic but this was all beige so was sold a long while ago. I've now made caps on them from some pressed aluminium scrap that I found in the shed.

The headlining, roll cage and rear shelf are all covered in van lining type carpet. There's a cover in the headlining over the high level brake light which is from a Citroen Saxo (possibly) and is also covered in the carpet.

the 2 black strips on the parcel shelf are black painted UPVC house window trim used to cover the carpet joins.

The gap between the rear speaker pods is a piece of wood covered with the patterned vinyl I used on the doors. Along the front of it to cover the edge of the carpet is a piece of angle alloy from a suspended ceiling, painted black.

I've now started on the centre console again as the first version did away with the factory ashtray. This will go back in now for the hazard switch to go in and the alloy ashtray has been moved to the little cubby area further back on the angle. That's from a Matra Bagheera and holds the control for the exhaust.

More details as it happens.

Cheers, Bob.