View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2009, 08:27

dino_gt is on a distinguished road
Default deon registration

Hello mac;

i´ve contacted a guy who has helped another deon owner in the same situation, that is currently waiting for the changed V5 to come back from the DVLA.

This guy seems to really know about this changes, says he´s got all the blank forms to do it, etc, (used to work for the DVLA). The only thing he´s telling me is that DVLA will want to see the car for identification purposes.
I have his e-mail if you´re interested in contacting him.

Unfortunately for me, i don´t think i´m going to be able to wait for this identification, because i need to export the car soon, so what i´m planning to do is use the registration as it is now (lancia), and try to work it out somehow when i get to my home country.

In order to do that, i´d like to know if you´re in the same situation as i am, so;

could you tell me what is the date of first registration in the uk of your car?

you´ve been driving the car, insured, passing mot, etc, since 1989 under this lancia registration, right?

you´ve never had a problem because of that registration, even with the insurance company, so it is perfectly legal...isn´t it?

Also, if you have one of these DEON build manuals or any other information from DEON i could use in the future to prove what it is, could you please send it to me?...because i don´t have anything now, and i can´t contact the previous owner by now...

Thanks for your help.