View Single Post
Old 30th December 2018, 08:02

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

So, no updates for a while as the very nice summer whizzed by and now it's nearly 2019.

Yesterday was the Brass Monkeys run from Brandon (Suffolk), through Swaffham and on to Wells Next The Sea (both Norfolk). I'd have loved to have been driving my Speedster (fingers crossed for next year) but had to settle for 'Iris', my '73 MG Midget, which you can see here sandwiched between a Rover P6 and 50's DeSoto -

The event is a very casual affair and attracts a wide selection of British classics, customs, rat-rods, US classic Muscle Cars and modern exotics.
Indeed, I followed a newish Lotus Elise with a registration ending 10TUS down to Brandon, easily keeping pace with it right up until the 40mph zone we were in ended, when it went off like a scalded cat while making a very agreeable noise in the process.

Among all the customs attending, this truck stood out for me for its elegant simplicity -

And just to show that the North Norfolk coast is a mecca for classic car enthusiasts, this Bristol Zagato wasn't actually part of the procession, it just happened to be parked outside a chip shop in Wells -

I have a few jobs to do to make Iris perfect - finish the hard top, a couple of oil seals to replace and a little attention to the paint, then I'll be getting on with my Speedster (finally).

Happy New year to all classic and kit-car nuts, and I'm hoping to see a lot more cars finished and on the road in 2019, including mine.