View Single Post
Old 29th September 2014, 13:50

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Cheers guys. It really does feel like i've got to a new "stage" of the build as a result of this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc F View Post

1) What gauge ally did you use in the end? I want something robust enough but without building a battleship :-)
1.2mm. That pop riveted to the Alloy angle and all riveted to the steel frame feels nice and sturdy. I was really pleased with how solid the floors and bulkhead have turned out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc F View Post
2) Why do you think the gear stick is so far away? Is it because on a Sammio the driver is effectively sitting in the back seat of a Herald? I ask because when I tried mine down at Mike's I felt itr was a long way under teh dash, yet on my car my seating position should be the same as the Spit.
With the std Vitesse gear lever it simply hits the Miglia dash so can't go into Reverse/1st/3rd.
I've seen the extensions people have used but i was sure there was a way of sorting it out, without cutting.
My old Sammio had a lever that was very tilted (don't ask, long story) and i liked the feel but i never knew where it came from, now i know.

Please remember that my comment of "feels a long way away" comes from sitting in and driving the car once out and in to the garage. So i will have a proper feel (phanaarr) over the new few weeks.