View Single Post
Old 18th November 2012, 18:17

andrewhush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyh View Post
Hi Andrew, you've been again. Does the windscreen have legs that you will attach to a framework? Where did you get the engine for your car? I am very tempted to use alternate motor as to rebuild existing straight six may cost a lot more.
Hi Gary,

yes the screen ( a standard MG Midget one) has a short leg each side that goes through the scuttle top and fixes with two bolts (each side) to the midget body. I am now trying to devise a framework that will carry these two legs, the door hinges and give extra support the pedal box and steering column.

The engine came out of a scrapped but fairly new primera approx 16 years ago and lay dormant in my garage until I wired it up and got it running. If you go for a modern donor engine make sure you get all of the engine wiring harness and the ecu. A good way if you have the space is to buy a complete car and strip it yourself. This means you can get it running in the old car first and lets you take off everything you need. It also gives you an endless supply of wiring , relays, fuse boxes, wiper motors etc the list goes on !!

Last edited by andrewhush; 18th November 2012 at 19:29..