View Single Post
Old 5th July 2016, 02:27

Ironmike226 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
Hello all, I've recently purchased Dehavillands prototype Dino
I met the Dehavilland team at Stoneleigh last year, and was very impressed with their enthusiasm and their product.
With a new kit a little out of my budget right now, I snapped up the opportunity to purchase their prototype car when it came up for sale with only a couple of hundred miles on the clock.
Dehavilland have upgraded some features since building this car which I intend to update in time, but for now I'm going to use the car as it is, with the intention of starting a V6 conversion towards the end of the summer
I know there are are a few Dino replicas running around with Alfa V6s, and from what I have read, there are issues with driveshaft angles, and clearance to the engine cover .
If there are any members on here with a V6 Dino, Alfa or other , I'd be very interested in seeing some pics and learning about any issues
Has anyone fitted a V6 in a Dehavilland yet ?
Still trying to decide if an Alfa is the best engine to fit or not?

Cheers ,
Dai
Hi,
I am a potential Dehavilland Dino builder with a preference for a V6 rather than the MGTF.
Was the issue of the Alfa V6 fitting in comfortably resolved please? If so, which Alfa motor from which model Alfa is it please?
Also, does this mess up a standard wheel pattern etc front to rear given the different hubs?
All handy hints greatly appreciated as I am in Australia...
Mike