View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2012, 19:20

HouseMartin is on a distinguished road
Default Slow progress

Not much activity on the G46 recently due to a very draughtly garage and lots of rain.
However the wind and rain ceased this weekend so I wrapped up warm,
but kept popong back in the house for warm tea between activity on the car.
i had seen photo of ferrari with a mid mounted wing and wonders if the G46 would suit this addition.

So I grabbed the old roof to see if it was possible.

Not inspiring!

I had not moved the car since removing the lights and cutting the bonnet and boot on the donar.
As my drive is uphill pushing the G46 out of the garage was not possible so I was keen to see if the engine would still start.
I removed all the fuses to prevent any short circuits, fortunately the starter and coil feed are not fused on the Se5 donar, so I cranked it over a few times.
However the battery gave up turning the engine over as it filled the fuel pipes and carb.
No to be diverted I borrowed the battery from the other scimitar.
And yes it started and drove up the drive, but i suspect i will need a new filter soon given the amount of dust in the engine compartment.

So here are some photos with the old scimitar screen in place.

I still have to drop the rear a little more so the G46 arches side inside the donar arches, about an inch off the top of old body should do it.
That should get the door bottom parallel to the ground.
The rear of the car is setting very high and the raduis arms are point downwards.
I need much shorter springs possible by as much as 2-3inches!

The old windscreen comes off next.

I have found a source for a 356 screen, so really need to know if Gaz will be getting the full aero screens made soon.

Snow forecast tonight so i better get the g46 back under cover

HM