View Single Post
Old 6th May 2019, 06:36

Welshkiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguartvr View Post
How about using the DNA approach to the fuel filler?
They used a small flap to cover the existing fuel filler and used the original BMW hinge. Shouldn't be too hard to replicate.
Thanks Jag, I can’t do the filler flap way out, I just love the look of the Aston flap, so even if I end up with it raised off the body skin for the clearance (a la cobra style) I will investigate those options first. Thanks tho fella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans View Post
Had a chat with the guys at Grassbank today. They had a very convincing 250 SWB Tribute kit on their stand at Stoneliegh fitted with deep dish wires tucked well under the standard arches. They have used the shorter rear hubs but also narrowed the front suspension control arm and moved strut mount in slightly. Not a massive job by all accounts so worth a thought if you want the right look.
Awesome LLM, thanks for that. Hubs turned up today so as long as my measurements are good it should be good for the 275 as there is no flare on the arches. Good to know though not a big job to shorten the front track width if needed. That is a good solution how they dealt with it as long as toe-in-out doesn’t change too much and the handling isn’t affected. Cheers.