View Single Post
Old 4th September 2015, 15:27

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Part 2:
I didn't add any matting to the sunny side of the arch this time, so I will leave all the brackets in place over night, while it all cures.

Then I can remove all the screws in the morning and finish off 'glassing the underside.

However, I did wait until the matting was set hard, before I lowered the bonnet and took these photos.
( After putting a tek screw in to hold the bottom edge of the bonnet to the body shell. )

It should be possible to get a nice transition from the body shell to the bonnet at the side.

Similarly, once the filler work is done, this whole corner section should look a lot better too.

Unfortunately, the sloping driveway makes an "across the bonnet" photo a little harder to line up.

But is is currently something like this, which should improve after some sanding / filling.

Roadster made a valid point about how far out the body work of real 1950s racing cars could be.

This is good news, as it means my overall bonnet design will be in keeping with the period.

Jokes aside, I had no idea what I was doing when I started chopping the body shell in half and removing the scuttle completely.

But through luck, rather than judgement, I have ended up with a completely unique car, that I think will really look the part.
( Especially when the front arches are pulled in a bit. )

I'm definitely over the worst of this build now, so if I can keep plugging away, it should just keep getting better.

Until next time, take care, Paul.