View Single Post
Old 14th April 2019, 12:08

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Prescott Breakfast Club

Today's sortie in the A352 was to the above event. In contrast to last October's, which took place in warm sunshine, today's was very chilly. On the way there, feeling snug in my heated vest, my engine died at traffic lights in Cheltenham and refused to re-start, only cranking very slowly. It's done this before when hot, so I left it for five minutes and it then behaved. I'd replaced the diaphragms yesterday and it ran much more smoothly, but only picked up very slowly - more carb. investigation needed!

Turnout was initially poor until a convoy of Lotus Seven clones arrived, then quite a few miscellaneous others, including Lucky, who parked next to me.

This rather stole my thunder as a majority of punters gathered around his car, asking about mine as a bit of an afterthought, I shall have to also prepare a printed and laminated info. sheet!

The star of the show for me (apart from the two above ), was this gloriously patinated S4 Seven on Cosmics, whose owner had not only campaigned it in hill climbs, but extensively modified both the running gear and bodywork. Top bloke. It turned out that we both subscribed to that model's thread on PistonHeads. More small world stuff.

Fortunately, the A352 started OK and got me home, though still failing to pick up very well.

Regards, Mick

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 14th April 2019 at 12:17..