Thread: Dino 206P
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2016, 08:32

Axel is on a distinguished road

For those who are interested in welding, I used CuSi wire with Argon, the reason is that you work quicker and there is not so much heat transfered in the panels, the weld seam is non-corroding and has almost the strength of standard welds with wire/CO2.
But you need to practise, I am neither a welder nor a metalshaper, but I can live with the result.
One thing you realize is, welding works fine with panels who have a lot of shape- not much distorsion, but with flat panels with very little shape in them you'll get a lot of distorsion while welding them together...you need to take this into consideration when you plan your built and where to put the panels together...!

Now comes some difficult panels for the front, I am working out its face with headlights and the plexi cover for this needs a recessed surface.
I am trying to figure out how to do the recess with metal, my cutout in the frontwing is already too big, so I need to add some material...it would be so easy to do it with glass, but I want to keep the body 100% metal...