View Single Post
Old 19th July 2015, 03:28

Mars'69 is on a distinguished road
Default final pics of sammio 2cv

Here are the last pictures, taken last week before I went on vacation. Sorry but I just can't make 'm bigger. One size bigger and they go over the allowed max size. Must be a MAC problem..

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5423.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

D24.jpg

Pininfarina was body supplier /designer of the original Lancia D24 on which the Sammio design was based on and decided to use their badge

IMG_5425.jpg

I have some roundels with the number 77 as this was the body number Gary Janes told me it is.

I'm not sure if I want to put them on as the car looks nice as is..

One last (major) issue to sort is the possibility of the wheels touching the inner wheel arches. i have already mounted an anti sway bar and stiffer springs but I want to keep the car as low as possible so need to find a ride height that will not give these problems. Maybe I will i have to come up with some sort of mechanical stop on the maximum sway of the suspension arm.

Before the car went to the paint shop I ran it and one of the wheels touched the wheel arch and need to prevent this from happening again.

I will keep you posted on further progress, I do expect to still ride it this summer.

Cheers for now,
Marcel